- Provide out-of-the-box, working versions of the kit for Unity 2018.4 LTS and Unity 2019.3.8 (and higher).
- All the servers in the kit now support command line arguments to specify their related IP addresses and port numbers. You can find more information about how this works here.
- Fixed properties not being taken into consideration when joining a game via 'play now'.
- Added additional check when a player joins a game room to make the process more robust.
- Minor changes to aid in customizations as per customer request.
- Upgraded project to Unity 2017.4.0 LTS (you can find more information about Unity LTS releases here).
- Moved User class to its own file.
- Breaking change: ClientAPI is not a static class anymore.
- Implemented custom logger component as a better alternative to Debug.Log for debugging.
- Added the ability to specify the name, number of players and properties of games created via the "play now" functionality.
- Added the ability to specify default values when retrieving player properties from the client side.
- Implemented new methods in the client API that allow players to retrieve the values of properties from the database.
- Improved the SQL database implementations by not caching the connections and properly disposing all related resources.
- Added a 'game server registration id' field to the master server that can be used to prevent illegal game servers from being registered into the system.
- Implemented a centralized way of providing a custom ConnectionConfig for all the servers and clients in the kit.
- Removed the DisallowMultipleComponent attribute from the server addons so that user subclasses can be created.
- Fixed wrong UNIQUE constraints for player properties in the SQL database implementations.
- Added 'spawnGameServersInBatchMode' option to zone servers that allows spawning the game servers with the -batchmode -nographics command line arguments.
- Disabled virtual reality support for the server binaries in the demo's builder script (as there can only be one VR-enabled executable running at a time).
- Added experimental WebGL support.
- Added MySQL database provider implementation.
- Added a new version of the ClientAPI's CreateGameRoom method that accepts a list of properties.
- Added hideWhenFull field to the game server component that allows game servers to be removed from the matchmaking results once they are full.
- Upgraded project to Unity 5.5.2.
- Implemented a "no database" provider as an in-memory alternative for player data storage.
- Added a default path to binary to the zone server demo scene.
- Added an explicit maximum number of connections to the master server.
- Improved the error handling when spawning a new game server instance.
- Removed redundant networkManager property from the game server.
- Fixed bug that prevented new game server instances from being spawned after a while due to an accumulation of internal helper connections not being properly cleaned up.
- Upgraded project to Unity 5.5.1.
- Removed the authentication server and integrated its functionality into the master server.
- Added the concept of zone servers, which allow you to distribute the game server load across different machines (useful for load balancing or region-based matchmaking).
- Removed the configuration file. All the server settings can be modified visually via Unity's inspector now.
- Several improvements in the matchmaking API to simplify its usage.
- Replaced authenticationEnabled flag with authenticationRequired in the configuration.
- Added maxPlayers property to the configuration.
- The database does not store the “is logged in” status of a player anymore; the master server does now.
- Upgraded project to Unity 5.5.0.
- Improved the default support for games using UNET's high-level Network Manager.
- The master server now resets the 'logged in' flag of all the registered users upon launch.
- Trying to join an expired game/match/room results in a proper error now.
- Several improvements and refinements in the API and the organization of the kit.
- Implemented a player properties API.
- Updated the demo's UI.
- Fixed bug that caused spawned game server instances to not be properly destroyed sometimes.
- Generalized database support for player data storage and added three default implementations: SQLite, MongoDB and LiteDB.
- Added configuration flag to enable/disable authentication.
- Players cannot be logged in the master server more than once at the same time with the same credentials now.
- Improved the behavior of UI dialogs in the accompanying demo.
- Implemented in-lobby and in-game chat with support for public and private messages and an unlimited number of channels.