The kit provides a rewarded ad button in the level scene that allows the player to earn some extra coins after completely watching an ad provided by Unity Ads. Please make sure to become familiar with how Unity Ads works by reading this guide first.
There are several settings related to Unity Ads that you can tweak from the Fruit Swipe Match 3 Kit editor (Window/Fruit Swipe Match 3 Kit/Editor). Go to the Game settings tab and open the Monetization sub-tab. In the Rewarded ad section you can find the following settings:
- Unity Ads Game ID - App Store: The Unity Ads game ID for the App Store. This value is unique to your game and you need to get it from your Developer Dasboard.
- Unity Ads Game ID - Google Play: The Unity Ads game ID for Google Play. This value is unique to your game and you need to get it from your Developer Dasboard.
- Unity Ads - Test mode: Enabled by default, this is useful for testing the Unity Ads integration works correctly before publishing your game. Make sure to disable it once you have confirmed test mode works and you are ready to publish your game.
- Coins: The number of coins to reward the player with.
The kit provides a coins shop with in-app purchasable packs of coins using Unity IAP. In order to enable Unity IAP in your project, please follow this guide. These are the main steps you need to perform:
- In the Services window, select In-App Purchasing.
- Click the Enable button to enable In-App Purchasing.
- Import the Unity IAP package into your project by clicking on the Import button.
- Make sure that Analytics and In-App Purchasing are both labelled ON as shown below.
- Add the FRUIT_SWIPE_ENABLE_IAP preprocessor define to your Scripting Define Symbols in your Player Settings.
- With Unity IAP now properly configured for your project, you can now tweak the available in-app purchasable items from the Fruit Swipe Match 3 Kit editor (Window/Fruit Swipe Match 3 Kit/Editor). Go to the Game settings tab and open the Monetization sub-tab. You can edit the settings of your items in the In-app purchases category.
The Store id needs to be exactly the same identifier you use in your store (App Store, Google Play, etc.), while the rest of the fields are only visual. Please note you will need to have previously defined your available in-app purchasable items in the store/s of your choice (for more details, please follow this guide).
IMPORTANT: Even if the latest versions of Unity provide a built-in IAP package, you still need to perform the previous configuration manually. You can read more about why this is needed here.
Also, and specifically for Android, you can track verified transactions in Unity Analytics by performing the following steps:
- Go to the Window menu -> Unity IAP -> Receipt validation obfuscator.
- Follow the instructions to copy the license key.
- Return to "Receipt validation obfuscator" and paste the key.
- Press the "Obfuscate Google Play License Key".
- Open the "Analytics Dashboard" (following the link on step 4).
- Paste the key also in dashboard and save changes.
- Return to Unity and close "Receipt validation obfuscator".
- Make sure that the key is pasted and active in Services tab -> InApp.
- Go to Purchasing -> Options (if not, paste it there also and press the button).