The code in Candy Match 3 Kit is grouped logically in the following independent folders:
- Core: The foundational scripts used across the entire kit. This includes basic components like object pools, buttons and popups.
- Editor: The editor scripts used in the visual editor located in the Candy Match 3 Kit/Editor menu.
- Game: The scripts that implement the match-3 gameplay.
The Game folder is further divided into several sub-folders, which we are going to describe next.
- Boosters: Contains the scripts of the in-game purchasable boosters. They derive from the base Booster class.
- Combos: Contains the scripts of the candy combos. All combos derive from the base Combo class and they are handled by the ComboDetector class.
- Common: Contains the scripts of the general game scripts. For example, all the basic game type definitions and the very important GameBoard class, where the match-3 gameplay is handled.
- Matches: Contains the scripts for detecting matches during a game (horizontal, vertical, T-shaped and L-shaped). All matches derive from the base MatchDetector class.
- Popups: Contains the scripts of all the popups in the game. You can find more about them here.
- Scenes: Contains the scripts of all the scenes in the game (home, level and game).
- Tiles: Contains the scripts of all the tiles in the game (candies, special blocks, collectables, etc.).
- UI: Contains the scripts of all the game-specific UI widgets in the kit.